Update From Administrator – July 31, 2020
Our team and I hope this email finds you safe and healthy.
I am pleased to report that we can officially announce we are a COVID Recovered facility for our residents. However, we presently have three pending COVID swabs for residents, and I foresee this process on-going due to the nature of COVID-19.
To be a true COVID-free facility we will need both staff and residents results to come back as negative for 14 days straight. As we continue to head to our goal as a COVID-free facility, we will hopefully be able to reduce restrictions under the guidance of the CDC and the MA Department of Public Health.
As always, we thank our team for the hard work they do while in our center; their chosen careers were never simple or easy to begin with, but working through a pandemic and under such troubled times as they do today, only makes their jobs even tougher. They received wonderful recognition during the pandemic, and we continue to thank and appreciate them!
Additional recognition is coming as we celebrate them again during our version of National Nursing Home Week from August 9th-15th.
A few quick points on our outdoor visits:
• Must be pre-scheduled to ensure safe and healthy visits for you, the residents, and our staff. It also allows our team to ensure your loved one is available and ready for your visit to make the most of your time together.
• At this time, we are able to give one (1) outdoor and one (1) social media visit per resident, per week. We will waitlist family requests for additional visits on a revolving basis. This is in order to maintain activities and well-being for others within the facility.
• Face coverings must always be worn and a social distance of 6 feet between you and your loved ones for the entirety of the visit.
• Check out our website for specific guidelines and details regarding perimeter visits.
• Alternative visits (Facetime, Google Duo, and window visits) are still taking place. You can schedule a visit by calling 508-949-0644 and ask for Mike Orlando or emailing us at email@example.com.
Other updates from our recreation team include:
• Each nursing unit has tablets assigned for resident use such as virtual visits, games, etc.
• We have fresh airtime where residents can get some much-needed sunshine while supervised to ensure social distancing.
• Beginning in August we will offer more socially distanced daily exercise and trivia programs along with LIVE MUSIC & BINGO on each unit once per week.
• COMING SOON!! – The hairdresser will be allowed back to the building once we have cleared and moved into COVID FREE status. Presently we are shooting for August 12th, pending no new staff or residents COVID cases.
• As a reminder, our next “Town Hall” meeting is scheduled for Thursday, August 6th at 11:30am. We encourage any residents and family members to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have about the care we are offering. Our commitment is to be as transparent as possible and work to address any issues that arise.
Thank you and please stay safe and healthy!
Corey Beaudette, NHA