Update From Administrator – August 27, 2020
As always, our team and I hope this email finds you safe and healthy.
I am pleased to report that we continue to remain COVID-free for both our staff and residents!
Per the MA Department of Public Health and the CDC, residents should NOT be retested for 90 days. Testing is presently being done for new admissions, required appointments and state requirements for surveillance purposes.
A few quick points on our outdoor visits:
- Visits must be pre-scheduled to ensure safe and healthy visits for you, the residents, and our staff. It also allows our team to ensure your loved one is available and ready for your visit to make the most of your time together.
- Face coverings must always be worn and a social distance of 6 feet between you and your loved ones for the entirety of the visit.
- Check out our website for specific guidelines and details regarding perimeter visits.
- To schedule your visit please go to the link below
- Alternative visits (Facetime, Google Duo, and window visits) are still taking place. You can schedule a visit by calling 508.949.0644 or emailing us at email@example.com.
- We understand that many may be monitoring our “signup genius site” for availability and double bookings. We reserve the right to remove visits based on fairness to others & per our facility’s ability to assist. Understanding that some residents request visits by their appointed guardianships. *Guardians can represent multiple residents in one facility.
- Reminder that families are offered (1) outdoor visit per week with an additional (2) social media visits. A rotating waitlist is available for more additional weekly visits as scheduling permits.
Other updates from our recreation team include:
- Each nursing unit has tablets assigned for resident use such as virtual visits, games, etc.
- Our recreation department is now able to offer small group exercises, trivia, and other activities like music to get our residents motivated and engaged.
- The Hairdresser is back! Starting today she is available and has already booked up for the next few visits within the facility. If you are interested in her services, please reach out to me and I will be happy to assist! *Please note that in case there are any new COVID-positive cases this service would stop for a period of time.
- We have fresh airtime where residents can get some much-needed sunshine while supervised to ensure social distancing. We have also opened our Unit 1 patio for use.
- NEWEST UPDATE: Residents who are planning to discharge home and need family education regarding care, transfers, etc. are allowed into the building for trainings only and are limited in time and will be under supervision of the team. We will continue to screen each entry and explain our PPE procedures at that time.
- As a reminder, our next “Town Hall” meeting is scheduled for Thursday, August 27th at 11:30am. We encourage any residents and family members to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have about the care we are offering. Our commitment is to be as transparent as possible and work to address any issues that arise.
Thank you and please stay safe and healthy!