Update From Administrator – August 19, 2020
As always, our team and I hope this email finds you safe and healthy. I am pleased to report that we continue to remain as a COVID-Recovered facility for our residents. Our resident continue to need safeguards and with that we continue to test our staff weekly based on guidance from DPH & utilize Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) wherever appropriate. Along with testing any and all new admissions and follow 14 day quarantine as a safety precaution. Last week’s test results produced one staff positive. We have tested 90% of our staff, per requirements and hope against hope that those test results all come back negative!
Unfortunately, in May we had to postpone National Nursing Home Week due to the unforeseen pandemic. Athena Recreation Departments in all our facilities hosted an Athena Nursing home week from 8/9/2020 through 8/15/2020 to help celebrate and appreciate our residents and staff. We know how hard our staff have been working and how much our residents have been affected by the social limits which were results of this pandemic.
A few quick points on our outdoor visits:
- Must be pre-scheduled to ensure safe and healthy visits for you, the residents, and our staff. It also allows our team to ensure your loved one is available and ready for your visit to make the most of your time together.
- Face coverings must always be worn and a social distance of 6 feet between you and your loved ones for the entirety of the visit.
- UPDATE! Following Gov. Bakers travel restrictions we must ask that if you plan a visit with your loved one from one of the high risk states, you will need to provide proof of a Negative test result within 72 hours of your visit.
- Check out our website for specific guidelines and details regarding perimeter visits.
- Alternative visits (Google Duo, Skype, and window visits) are still taking place. You can schedule a visit by calling 508-949-0644 ext#226 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other updates from our recreation team include:
- Each nursing unit has tablets assigned for residents to use such as virtual visits, games, etc. – upon request.
- We offer “fresh air” time where residents can get some much-needed sunshine while supervised to ensure social distancing.
- Until we have achieved COVID FREE status, meaning no staff or resident tests positive we will be able to move forward with our hairdressing services.
- We are in process of organizing and reopening our “on unit” dining rooms for small group activities and safe space to relax. In the future we plan to bring back small dining groups for a more appealing social atmosphere.
- As a reminder, our next “Town Hall” meeting is scheduled for Thursday, August 20th at 11:30am. We encourage any residents and family members to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have about the care we are offering. Our commitment is to be as transparent as possible and work to address any issues that arise.
Thank you for your patience and please stay safe and healthy!
Corey Beaudette, NHA